COVID-19 and Course Update
Dear Bon Air Members,
Your Board of Directors wanted to reach out and provide an update on the club’s status and what our plan is moving forward. We are relying heavily on the direction of local, state, and federal requirements/recommendations on how to operate as a business and protect our staff and members. We made the decision to close the club last week based on Governor Wolf’s order and our concerns for protecting the health of our staff and members. The golf and maintenance staff have been reporting to work and taking the proper precautions we all are taking during this pandemic. The maintenance staff is actively taking care of the grounds and performing aeration of all greens which should be completed by this Thursday, 3/26/20. Travis and his staff have been working hard to prepare the club for the upcoming golf season with the assumption we will be opening back up as soon as possible. This situation could change at any moment and we will of course react responsibly.
Our intentions are to open the course at first word that we may do so. We are following the state’s guidelines for businesses and have submitted a waiver to the state to reopen. We have also reached out to our district representative Kate Klunk and Senator Kristin Phillips-Hill about reopening. We agree that golf is one of the few sports where it could be deemed safe and healthy to get outside and play. We also agree that certain restrictions and modifications would have to be made in order to keep everyone safe. These items are listed below:
- Clubhouse will remain closed
- Members can retrieve their clubs from storage but we ask that they keep their clubs until further notice
- Driving Range and Practice Greens will remain closed
- No gathering of large groups on the grounds
- No Group Play
- No Guest Play
- Increased length of time between groups going off the first tee
- Limit one person per golf cart
- Sign in through the Pro Shop door
- Golf carts will be thoroughly cleaned between each use
- Raising cups on the greens so no one must touch the flag stick or get their ball out of the hole
- Removing bunker rakes and securing ball washers
- Portable bathrooms on the course will be closed
- Use common sense. If you are feeling sick, stay home. Practice social distancing within your group. Don’t shake hands, share equipment or exchange money.
Bon Air has been proactively reaching out to other local private and public golf clubs to gather as much information as possible. As we progress through the next few days and week/s, we will be advising our members of all that is going on in the industry.
We will constantly be advising our members of what we are doing and what is available to them so please keep an eye out for our email notifications.
Our current Membership Promotion (25% dues reduction for both the new member and the sponsoring/current member) was scheduled to expire on 3/31/20 but we will be extending the deadline to 5/31/20. Now more than ever we need the support of our members. This extended promotion is a great way for members to support Bon Air.
We wish all of you and your families the best of health and to remain safe. We will be resilient and get through this together.
Board of Directors